If you feel you are always asked to update Chrome, you are not wrong. Google is constantly releasing new updates to its browser, usually to fix new vulnerabilities as they are discovered. With this latest update, you really are Damn it patches for 32 such defectsbut also a a handful of interesting and useful new features–all these do update in Chrome 102 without smart way.
While we see standalone security patches running when needed, Google tends to update Chrome like clockwork every four weeks. The latest version, Chrome 101released on April 26, making minor UI modifications and addition the ability to add notes to entries in Chrome Password Manager. While 102 is not a full-featured update, it certainly has more from version 101.
Keyboard shortcut for tab management
After updating to Chrome 102, you will be able to move the active tab using a keyboard shortcut without having to drag the tab with your cursor. To rearrange the tab, hold down Control + Shift + Page Up or Page Down. If your keyboard does not have Page Up or Page Down keys, you will probably need to use Fn + Up or Down.
Open files through web applications
There are two new web application features with Chrome 102. The first is the ability for web applications to open files on your computer if the developer has planned them to do so. For example, a web application might allow you to click on an item that then launches a file in your word processor.
Web applications should not be reloaded so often
When using web applications, it is common for the entire application to reload when switching pages. Chrome 102 should reduce this behavior by making it easier for web applications to move between pages without the need for refresh.
Learn more about the new stores (in trial)
Google is testing a new feature of Chrome in version 102: when you visit a store’s website for the first time, a pop-up window will ask if you want to know more about the store – say from the Google reviews of this store. To see if this feature works on your end, turn on its flag chrome: // flags / # page-info-about-this-site.
Presentation control from a separate tab (demo)
This update is great for those of us hang out slideshow presentation via video calls. Soon, everyone will have the option to check the slides without actually having the presentation tab open. This will allow you to open the video calling tab and see your audience, instead of keeping your full attention on the presentation you probably know from the outside. This feature is currently in demo mode, so if you want to try it out, take a look this interactive site to learn more.
Security patches for 32 vulnerabilities
The most important aspect of this information is that it fixes 32 security vulnerabilities that existed in previous versions. From those, one is rated “critical”, while eight are rated “high”. While the rest are rated “moderate” and “low”.»And none of the flaws seem to have been exploited by hackers, it is important to protect your browser now that these vulnerabilities are public knowledge.
Here are the nine critical vulnerabilities that will be fixed with this update:
- Critical CVE-2022-1853: Use after free in Index NW. Reported by Anonymous on 2022-05-12
- High CVE-2022-1854: Use after free in ANGLE. Reported by SeongHwan Park (SeHwa) on 27-04-2022
- High CVE-2022-1855: Use after free use in Messaging. Reported by Anonymous on 2021-07-13
- High CVE-2022-1856: Free Use in User Training. Reported by Nan Wang (@ eternalsakura13) and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 06-05-2022
- High CVE-2022-1857: Insufficient enforcement of the file system API. Reported by Daniel Rhea on 11-07-2021
- High CVE-2022-1858: Out of range read in DevTools. Reported by EllisVlad on 07-04-2022
- High CVE-2022-1859: Use after free use in Performance Manager. Reported by Guannan Wang (@ Keenan7310) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab on 05-05-2022
- High CVE-2022-1860: Use after free use in the UI Foundations. Reported by @ginggilBesel on 15-02-2022
- High CVE-2022-1861: Use after Free Use in Sharing. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 16-04-2022
For a complete list of Chrome 102 patches, check Google’s Chrome Releases blog post. These patches apply to all Chromium-based browsers, including Edge, Brave, and Opera update any of these browsers if you use them.
How to update Chrome to version 102
To update Chrome, click the three dots at the top right, hover over Help, and then select About Google Chrome. Allow Chrome to check for updates: if available, click Restart. When Chrome restarts, version 102 should run.